Free

While I am waiting for my latest chip design to route, I thought I would share the Nunchi-type personal assistant apps I like to use.

A locator app is the one I use the most often. Family, friends, and co-workers no longer call and say “Where you at?” , instead we just look up the location of anyone we are trying to find. Its nice to see when family are either stuck on the freeway, or close to home. If I cant find a co-worker in his office, I can check to see if they went out to lunch, or are in a conference room. I also like that once the work day is over, my colleagues are blocked from seeing my location, and can't tell if I am at the yacht club or out on my boat.

I also like to use a phone-status app to see if someone has turned off their phone, or if they have just turned off the ringer, or have it set to do-not-disturb. I will often wait to call since I know it will just go to voicemail.

I am often using my home-status app. I check to see if I left the garage door open, or if I left the A/C running. I also check the house temperature before I come home to decide if I will turn on the heat or A/C so that it will be comfortable. I wish I could tell it to open some windows and get the cool ocean breeze coming instead, but so far have not found any that can do that.

I use a home security app that sends a text if the alarm goes off, or if someone comes to the front door, or to check if I left any windows open. Mostly it only tells me that the UPS guy has come by. So far it has not been really useful.

What personal assistant apps do you like to use?

New Message
Please login to post a reply