Free

Now that I look at it the original edig puck looks more like the Google Nest. Or the Nest looks more like the B&O MP3 player.

After reading several books by Jim Collins such as Built to Last, Good to Great and Great by Choice the underlying theme is to preserve the core and promote progress.

The problem with edig is the perception of their business model or process. Right now they are perceived as a patent troll. They need to change their perception and define their purpose. Smart solutions for a digital world sounds good but they are more of an engineering company such as BASF "We don't make the products you buy, we make the products you buy better."

EDIG needs to figure out how to monetize their purpose better than getting "go away money" from tech companies in the court of law. However you have to start somewhere and unfortunately if companies use your tech then law suits are the unfortunate means to an end.

To give you an idea on how to monetize flash you can look no farther than Apple. Apple charges $200 to go from a 16gb product to a 64gb product when a 64gb microsd card is only $40 retail. That is monetization. That is a business model. Apple's stock price reflects their execution.

Will people one day wake up and say "wow I paid way too much for my mac, my iphone, and my ipad". How did this company make me pay so much for all these products? I must have been blinded by the power of influence.

Wow look at this company EDIG. They were the creators of the MP3 player Say it to Play it. Their tech is in all the gadgets I have with flash memory, my Nest, my tablet, my camera, my fitness watch, my computer, my phone........ They didn't make the products I bought, but they are the company that made them possible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bang-Olufsen-Beosound-2-MP3-Player-/171344744512?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item27e4f15040

https://nest.com/thermostat/life-with-nest-thermostat/

New Message
Please login to post a reply