So a horse walks into a bar ...

posted on Jun 24, 2008 08:24PM

And the bartender says, "Hey, why the long face??"

sorry bad joke!!

Ok everyone repeat after me.

Nothing goes straight up

one more time ...

NOTHING GOES STRAIGHT UP!!

I have never invested in any stock, junior or otherwise, that had a huge run and maintained it. There is always a cooling off period especially in junior exploration stocks.

Reality check #1 ... from first drill hole to mine (if it ever happens) is several years not months. Along the way there will be highs and there will be lows. Obvious ly early on whether a mine it will be is pure speculation... as time goes on it becomes more apparent whether or not a property can become a mine.

Reality check #2 ... with commodity prices where they are today and where they likely will be over the next few years, there are many more "potential mines" than there would have been if we were in the same environment as 10 years ago.

Reality check #3 ... Name your favourtie junior stock. Very few are anywhere near their highs and many are off by more than 50%, and many of these examples already have multi million ounce resources .... ARU (12 million oz $5.26 down from high over $10.23), RR (2.5 million oz down from $5.95), VMS (no resource yet $.68 down from $1.76), CPN (5.5 million oz $.38 down $1.70) ... and the list goes on

Depending on your investment strategy you are either holding long term ( in which case either quit complaining or get out) or you are a trader (take your money and run and stop screwing with everyone's head) or you are somewhere in between and haven't got a clue what to do.

It would appear that most here are the "in betweens", myself included .... (said tongue in cheek)

GLTA

New Message
Please login to post a reply