Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free
Message: Re: Federal Budget: Possible Elimination of Capital Gains Tax...

I would assume that as long as the money was re-invested within 6 months, no tax would be triggered. I also think that an individual would have to hold an investment for a certain period of time for this to work. Day traders might be sh*t out of luck. There would have to be some record of any gains, carried forward and I would also assume that some form of elimination of Capital Losses would also be part of the deal. It is an interesting concept to say the least...

I have done some more thinking about this and I would say that someone who is cashing in their capital gains to pay the bills are now going to be paying the full tax on that capital gain, based on their tax rate. Therefore, dividend income now becomes more of an ideal concept for them...

I also think that if this does come to pass, it should give a real boost to small companies looking for capital. As we all know, small companies are the engines of job growth in this country. This could be a win-win situation for everyone..

Kherson

New Message
Please login to post a reply