Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

Sculpin, you have made a lot of good points with your post, and I agree with many. The protective theory of the Havilah spin off is one way of interpreting it, but there are other reasons parts of companies are spun off, such as if a part or division of a company has a questionable future, or if it no longer fits into the company's make-up, or if the main company has no clear or viable future any longer, then it may be desided by the board of directors to separate the different entities to preserve one or more.

I think Ismore could shed a little more light on this, as I think he would be qualified to answer some of these questions, or give his opinion. If ismore would like to send me a PM rather than post it on the board, I would appeciate that too.

In my opinion, the market didn't like all this type of news, and has reflected it in the share price of SLI.

For Lori to spend more attention and money on Intigold is not what I like. I think there is sufficient need of effort and attention and money required to make something become of SLI.

As far as the protective measure goes, it is really only an issue in case of a hostile take-over attempt, but in a normal buyout, it can be stuctured like any deal, where parts of a company or property can be excluded from a purchase in order to be agreeable to both parties.

I agree that it may be easier to raise money for a venture at a low sp, etc., but would it not be even easier if Lori could show a good track record with another company's success, where the shares were reflecting good results and moved in the up-direction for the benefit of the shareholders?

IMO of couse.

Real888

New Message
Please login to post a reply