Free

Hilarity folks. Full throttle, (only allowed 100 kph), on the cruise control, no cell phone and drive yer life with constant humour. This is how I explained to my daughter how to live the other day.

She had dropped by on Friday to visit and let me know that Dado had died. Dado was the 88 year old father of a good friend. I had a V-8 moment and asked how he died. "Old" my daughter says. She works in a nursing home. "They get old. They die."

At which time, I spieled off on the nature of life. She axed me if I had a ticket on the 50 million max draw, and what would I do with it. 10% to each springoff with 10% in perpetuity to the springoff's springoff, balance to Habitat or something when the line dies. Half the balance to Momma, leaves me about 20 million. 15 million to my own charitable foundation, a million or so for angel investing to the tired, beat up with a good heart and half a brain, and the balance of 3 or 4 million for walkin' around money. Give the house to Habitat, buy a couple cheap ass ragamuffin condo's, second hand lease back pick-up, used trailer and pontoon boat for fishin at Mitchell's Bay. A nice set of new golf clubs and a decent stereo.

Beyond one's basic needs, what else is there? "You're wierd, Dad" she says. No, "I ain't from Hollywood or a pro athlete" says I. She eventually got the point.

Besides, everyone around me is dropping like flies. Siblings, parental units, friends. Can't outrun that eventuality no matter how much money you gots.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's how good you look and how much fun you had.

With UC, you get a lot of this. I expect the next few years will have some fun and excitement. And you get to listen to the wisdom of the board leader. Hoov, I mean.

See? This wasn't off topic.

Truck

New Message
Please login to post a reply