Free

G'morning Truck, my coffee drinking buddy' Pot is full, go help yourself, Lupita hasn't come yet, too early.

In essence, on the computer I couldn't agree more. You have the knowledge of the world at your fingertips, yet almost no-one takes advantage of it. We have many excellent search engines, ones that can give you millions of pages of data on almost anything at the tip of your fingers.

Imagine, Whatever you wish. Orish cooking or how to properly barbecue young girls for a cannibalistic feast.

You can visit the world as it was, and as it is presently From Atlantis to Zimbacatoo

Frankly, I haven't cracked a book, popular or technical, since I was introduced to the computer, sigh, and here I have expensive tech books on the shelves just gathering dust.

Someday I may add my book to them. I was fortunate in being able to travel in then relatively unknown areas in different parts of the world, to experience a true freedom that most of today's population will never know.

An example from my notes-->

Hi my friends. Now that I am almost over my extended case of the flue, I am bk to posting again. while I was feeling sorry for myself and being bored, I commenced to watch movies online, particularly western ones, even the corny Italian ones. However, one did bring me up short, it was "los Bravados" with Gregory Peck.

The filming is perfect and the scenery is superb. He travels over much of the ground that I did in the 50's. I could easily feel myself riding my mule back there again. The country became real. Those deep, distant barrancas were the ones where I explored in the initial phases of Lost Jesuit mine hunting, where I finally found Tayopa.

I often spent weeks alone without meeting another human, and in those hidden barancas is where I had a few encounters with bandidos, obviously I won..

There were flocks of huge wild turkey in the hundreds in the distant mesas and barrancas, Deer also. So it was only of a matter of a shot or so every week with my pistol to have plenty of camp meat..

The high falls that he rides past is La Basaseachi, now a popular tourist mecca with Swiss Chalet type hotels etc. A highway now crosses the Sierras from Hermosillo to Chihuahua city, with modern gasoline stations every so often, and motels, sigh.

I first heard of the Basaseachi falls from an old Chinapa Indian. So I took off north from Chinapas, up the Chinapas river barrancas, then crossed over to the north west to the Mayo drainage and continued to the falls. It took me days to reach them, I had to make my own trail many times. I camped down below the falls for another three days, ate some trout, then returned to Chinapas. Now it is only a matter of a few hours in an air-conditioned car sigh.

Yes, this picture brought back many memories. I miss that country as it was, sigh, Nights where one could lie on his blanket, drink his hot coffee, listen to the coyotes sing their lonely songs of lost love and dinners earned, sniff the fresh, deliciously scented, Pine air which hinted of frost by morning, roll over and it 'was' morning. sigh.

So if you have access to movies on line, I strongly suggest watching 'Los Bravados' with Gregory Peck.

The 'Garden of Evil with Susan Hayward and Gary Cooper is a take off of the search for Tayopa.

Don Jose de La Mancha

New Message
Please login to post a reply