Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

If you are seeking a superior investment opportunity the 1st consideration should be management.  A top rating must include integrity!!  "My word is my bond",  "Beyond reproach" & all that good stuff.  To my knowledge the integrity of Pat Anderson has never been questioned until the recent 800m sale.  Put yourself in his position.  You have known for about 2 years that you must take some chips off the table.  But what about the optics??  You have your reputation to consider while you line up your ducks in preparation for Govt. negotiations.  You can't make a sale during the period that Govt. intentions are unknown!  Imagine the damage to the share price & to your reputation if you were foolish enough to sell 20% of your holdings.  Now fast forward to late Jan./08.  You know Govt. intentions are honourable.  At last an opportunity to make that disposition without damaging your reputation & mkt. price.  IMO that is the sequence of events & PA has maintained his stellar reputation.

Ebear your thoughts on some type of social payback are bang on.  In Trinidad the Govt. grants concessions for oil & gas but only with a carried interest of about 30%.  If a company drills & is lucky & decides on production the Govt. then will convert their interest to a royalty but at that time the company also agrees to make a donation to the local Universiy as well as a yearly donation.  These gifts are politically directed.  Granting of permits in Ecuador could include this type of social payback.

Regards

Joltin 

New Message
Please login to post a reply