Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: Re: NEWS!!! but is the shutting down of production gonna be a negative?
Dec 15, 2008 10:05AM

Dec 15, 2008 10:34AM

As an investor in the oil sands ,i think we will be fighting an up hill battle from here on,,I am worrying ,not about the return on my investment ,but the return of my investment , sure hope I am wrong .

yes something to think about Still they MRC .Will see what return they can have next year.

I saw a vid. this week on tv about plans for future.The current crisis and spike in oil price has turned another light on using energy and specially for indepenance from oil countries.They stated that conventional oil in the coming future will go to it's end for investement.

In Germany and some other European states they have implemented huge solar fields and in Spain they have pilot plants with mirrors capting solar light for heating turbinesOne thought is also to link wind mills projects ;solar ,mirror sunlight capture etc.. systems all together at one network.Cause you have this energy for free and on top no CO2 emission it's the most efficient use of energy.They have also in mind to devellop use mirro island in the ocean to capture sunlight and heating up salt water to steam and form clear water + energy as electricity.This could create another based on this technics economy.

Also the calculated that if they hould built in the deserts a 3000 square solar basis they should have enough to provide the world on electricity and for free.

It's something to think about it.The Arabs knew that too and will use there influence to get the best stake in oil sales and to eliminate others which are operating at higher cost like oil sands and others

Maybe that's why Canadian government is taking a wait and see approach for

Dec 15, 2008 06:16PM

Dec 16, 2008 04:31AM

Dec 16, 2008 05:15PM

Dec 17, 2008 04:19AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply