Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

MarlboroDog

You asked the question "What Happens if TSHTF? If this occurs it will probably happen sometime this year. With 50% of its bitumen hedged (2009 annual report) Connacher will be in a better position to survive than last time.

In my opinion the current worldwide financial situation is very severe and the cards could start falling almost at any time. If you look at the FDIC reports of the banks that they have been closing and then selling the assets, you will find that the reported assets and the actual selling price differs by 20-40%, implying that the banks still doing business may have overvalued their assets by the same amount, making most of them technically insolvent. In my opinion the runup in the markets is primarily due to central banks pouring in trillions of dollars. Mathematically this can not continue. Fundamentals have not improved and the total debt in society remains. If we have a crash it will be far more severe than last time and there will be nothing the govenments can do about it.

Connacher at least has hard assets and sell a product that is essential to our society. I think they will survive even in a worst case scenario!

Martin

New Message
Please login to post a reply