Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Mar 26, 2010 03:38PM

Mar 26, 2010 04:26PM
Mar 26, 2010 04:33PM
Mar 26, 2010 08:43PM

Thomas:

In your equation, everything is so cut and dried, so as to be beyond question, reflection or doubt. Such is an unrealistic position which tends to lead to a false sense of security and myopic view.

When evaluating investments, and performance against objectives, an approach which encompasses the concept that Executive Managements interest and investor interests are not a perfect fit, permits a healthy and appropriate perspective. This is true of any investment and only recognizes that never are the interests of private investors and Insider members of Management and the BOD perfectly aligned. In fact rarely are they aligned. As an example, Dick Gusella and I likely have far different measures of objective achievement. His is likely to be more reward for task achievement, as in reclaiming Pod 1 productivity. My view is that lack of productivity is the mis-function of Management and failure to achieve should not be rewarded. Mine is a negative view that Lack of Pod 1 targeted production at the end of the day, was a management failing requiring correction thereof with attendant cost and therefore. only a reduction of profit. Failings should not be rewarded as there is no profit attainment attached to a failing. That then creates boundaries in ones approach to the decision making process which leads to realistic and appropriate evaluation, decision making and timing.

Brian

Mar 27, 2010 07:53PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply