Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Nov 16, 2012 09:46AM
Nov 16, 2012 09:57AM

Well, my take from what Don Lindsay said last night, is that he's not worried about the Nexen deal even though there is some rhetoric about it opening or closing up future Chinese investment in Canada. And even if China doesn't invest a monumental amount directly in the next few years (unlikely), they will be the biggest buyer of Canadian minerals (coking coal, copper, zinc, etc.) and we will keep selling to them.

I personally don't think Teck is "holding anything up" but CUU has said all along that they are in communication with Teck's engineering folks (not management per se), and I'm sure if the engineering folks had any questions about the BFS or parts of it along the way, CUU would be sure to resolve these questions ... even if that meant doing some extra studies, or developing parts of the mine plan further, and taking a little longer, etc. Just my two cents.

I will try and post an audio file later tonight for any interested. Don talked for almost an hour and he has an incredible relationship with Chinese officials and different Chinese businesses. He was on a Chinese TV channel recently (most watched in the world) promoting zinc for kids health and the Chinese government is trying to get 100 million farmers in China putting zinc in fertilizer so grops crow better and are more nutritious (yep, one farmer for every 12 people in China).

Anyway, this doesn't really relate to us directly other than reinforcing that Teck is in a good place, with big global partners, and looking to grow their business here in BC and around the world. All bodes well for us and them backing in/buying us out ... just taking a loonnnggg time to get there.

Nov 16, 2012 10:12AM

Nov 16, 2012 10:21AM
Nov 16, 2012 01:09PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply