Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Okay, I did a quick search and found some more chatter surrounding, "you won't believe the numbers" quote from Elmer. It seems like it wasn't just Canada Grant that he was talking to, although CG seems to have referenced that conversation more lately.

As far as I can tell Elmer was referring to the costs in the FS. This has brought back some memories of my conversations with him and Mike at the time. There was speculation that our costs on the FS might actually go lower than on the pre-FS. That was because some of the material prices had lowered over the intervening years, and labour costs during the pre-FS were at an all-time high. I believe it was Cathie who told me that they were hoping the costs would be lower. He was right, some of the costs did actually go down and that was surprising since there had been a lot of talk generally about rising costs.

In that sense they were right because there was some industry skepticism that those numbers could be real. Teck did a lot of work on their own to check the numbers.

This is from the FS news release, and I suspect this might be the point that they were referring to when anyone said, "you won't believe the numbers."

The project has a nominal 130,000 tpd milling capacity over a 21 year mine life representing a 30% increase from that proposed in the Preliminary Feasibility Study prepared in September 2008, with only a 20% increase in the estimated Capex, no easy achievement.

Context is everything.

New Message
Please login to post a reply