Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Was a comment made on Friday to support a Permit?

posted on May 18, 2008 08:21AM

Looking for confirmation on what was reported in GlobeandMail and if any comments were made on Friday from VZ Environment Minister:

I am not sure if some reporters follow stories well enought to make the comments as posted below. In the report it says, and I quote, " Crystallex International, the developer of the Las Cristinas gold project in Venezuela climbed after the country's environment minister said that President Hugo Chavez may issue the company a mining permit." The report is dated May 17th and unless I missed something wasn't that quote from the previous week. Was there a comment made on Friday as indicated above from the GlobeandMail Weekly Stock Tracker? Also, the stock did not tumble on Friday as I expected it to do given the annoucement from this past Thursday where Ortega commented on no mining for open pit mining, which is KRY's mining plan, leading me to believe that perhaps some kind of comment was made. Comments anyone?

WEEKLY STOCK TRACKER

May 17, 2008

+40%

Crystallex International, the developer of the Las Cristinas gold project in Venezuela climbed after the country's environment minister said that President Hugo Chavez may issue the company a mining permit. The Toronto-based company's stock - which is down 63 per cent year to date - has been battered in recent weeks as news filtered out suggesting the permit would be denied. The stock rose 40 per cent this week, from 60 cents to 84 cents.

New Message
Please login to post a reply