Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Gentlemen...

Many here react strongly to Mr. Carson and unfortunately spend a good deal of time on this board mud slinging and rearranging his words. There was a time when his articles were not permitted here, but since they are, it is only fair that he have an opportunity to present his side of the story, with regard to his conversation with Todd. His attention was drawn to these posts this morning and he wishes to clear up a few inaccuracies. It is his right.

Pam

My conversation with Todd was based only on what his guess-timate would be -- the information was required urgently in Venezuela as part of a story being written independently by my Venezuelan colleague who had called me for the information which I did not have.

I told Todd that, yes, I had spoken with Andre Agapov on several occasions (surely not a secret since the videos and interviews have already been published) and that as far as I knew he had been in Moscow a week ago and was most probably headed to Caracas this week for meetings -- at least that is what his office had told me. To misconstrue this as being that I am on Agapov's payroll (or anyone else's) is clearly wrong. Todd may have that impression but he must stand for the untruth since it is not correct.

Todd has written a number of articles for VHeadline over the years and, as such, was considered to be trusted by our editorial team to keep confidentialities. He pumped me for the identity of my source(s) for the RusTech exclusive but, other than that I told him that it was at the highest level of government to second or third level, there was no other information given than that Natalie Garcia had subsequently spoken with the same level of government and come away with the same information as I, independently.

I also regretted the fact that Natalie had been the subject of an intrusive personal investigation by person or persons associated with Crystallex and that she had told me that both she and her newspaper had been threatened with legal action (which had not been pursued by Crystallex lawyers).

There is deep concern in Venezuela over the sheenanigans of Crystallex representatives in Venezuela, not only with the extended and unjustified imprisonment of Carlos Chancellor, but with a number of other things including the $15 million paid to Governor Rangel Gomez which disappeared into his own pocket instead of being used for local investments. While indeed Crystallex may have built a number of facilities according to its agreement with the CVG there is a high degree of disappointment including outright disgust over lack of progress which is seen (rightly or wrongly) as being caused by Crystallex as well as the incredible amount of corruption at all levels of local, regional and national government that has worsened conditions substantially.

There is a decided local misapprehension over any Chinese involvement because the Chinese insist on getting rid of trade unions which are the workers' last remaining source of representation against the powers that currently govern them. The Venezuelans see any agreement between Crystallex and China Railways as being a private arrangement between two equally private organizations which will not alter Venezuela's rejection of Crystallex or any potential deal between Crystallex and China Railways. It does not appear to have anything to do with the Chinese central government per se and would not be subject to any top-level interest in Venezuela.

I have covered here much more than was covered in a five minute telephone call to Todd MacSween and it is a source of astonishment that so much can be maliciously misconstrued from so little that Todd and I spoke about during that short conversation.

regards
Roy S. Carson

Oct 25, 2010 09:12AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply