Developing Bellechasse-­Timmins Gold Deposit

New Discovery Resulting in a 20KM Mineralized Gold Belt

Free

Hi Guys- Here are some additional pictures and regional history that complement the Chapman account.

http://www.uragold.com/Site/History.html

Most of it is familiar information for us all but the thing I wanted to point out was the discussion regarding history and legislation surrounding the gold claims in the Beauce region.

"Other gold regions of Quebec like the Abitibi or Chibougamau, the mineral rights belonged to the state. In the Eastern Townships and the Beauce regions, a Superior Court ruling in 1883 gave back mineral rights to property owners whose land was granted under the English regime versus land granted during the seigniorial system. As a result, gold exploration and mining in the was largely abandoned.

For almost a century very little work ensued except for a handful of players. This changed in 1982 when the Quebec government took back mineral rights and made the area available for staking."

I think this is significant because it may help explain why this area has been so under-explored and under-appreciated. I remember someone having a discussion with a gold mining executive who said they would be very surprised if any company could discover a large low-grade high tonnage deposit in Quebec at this late stage. The reality is that the circumstances were keeping it neatly hidden from the rest of the mining world. That is .....until our next drill results come out!

As the Chapman history book describes we may owe our current situation to the late Charles de Lery, Seignior of Rigaud-Vaudreuil, the seiniory where Clothilde Gilbert found that famous egg-sized nugget. "Having learned the discovery [De Lery], applied to the government asking to have the exclusive right of searching for gold in his seigniory. The government, not knowing the importance of the discovery granted to the de Lery family Letters-Patent giving all mining rights on all his lands and on those of his censitaires (~translation- taxpayers)".

Cool stuff .... and great pictures to go with all this text.

Best,

Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply