Developing Bellechasse-­Timmins Gold Deposit

New Discovery Resulting in a 20KM Mineralized Gold Belt

Free
Jan 29, 2012 09:54AM
Jan 29, 2012 12:39PM

Agree that's a good quesiton, pc. And I echo Mike97's comments.

To add a thought or two, I'll hold certain companies as "core holdings" in my portfolio, almost always large blue chips that pay a good dividend. I suppose I consider myself 'invested' in them. However, I am always watching to see if there are 'better' investments and I try to be emotionally detached enough that I'm not blind to changes in the company's fundamentals.

When it comes to juniors, I never thought of my approach as being 'trading', although I'll hold these companies along the same lines as Mike97 - set a goal, evaluate as it goes, sell at a profit (hopefully), get back in if circumstances warrant it.

I held INT for one week, set a stop loss for the first time in my life as it soared, and tripled my money. I suppose I do consider that made me a 'trader', rather than an investor.

As to Golden Hope, I was (fortunately) too shy to buy in as the share price kept coming down last year. However, I have followed this story every step of the way, and have read every post on this board. I wanted to buy in at the end of December, but regretfully did not have the resources available at that time. I will be buying in this year, since I do believe this to be an intriquing story. Funny thing though ... having 'invested' so much time in this company doing my DD, I consider myself an "investor" even though I have not yet owned a single share. Go figure.

By the way, this IS one of the most active Boards, the quality of posts is excellent, and I appreciate all the comments --- would not want to see anyone here made to feel unwelcome.

M.

Jan 30, 2012 12:45PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply