Free
Message: Re: Tesla’s secret Roadrunner project: new battery production at $100 per kWh on a massive scale

John, allow me to speculate on the possibility of a Tesla-LAC romance.  IF "Battery Day" lives up to all the pre game hype then Tesla is going to need large amounts of LCE now.. this year and certainly in 2021.  Thacker Pass is not going to be producing in 2021 no matter how the stars in the universe align.. no way.  So in the short term I don't see LAC providing much lithium, if any, for Elon and his boys.  In the long term... now that's a different story.  We may have something there.  Keep in mind Elon's past "deals" with lithium providers on the one hand and the fact that he has several already with small time lithium companies.  He goes for "buying on the cheap" and with all of the massive resource in lithium at Thacker Pass there is less reson for LAC management to pull the trigger on a deal that gives up the farm.  Another fly in the ointment will be all of the other potential domestic producers of lithium in Nevada ( lots of would be, could be Juniors here flocking around the periphery of Silver Peak Mine for instance ), California, Arkansas and elsewhere who may be tempted to bite the bullet and sell cheap to Big Guy Elon. 

Just things that will have to be kept in balance by LAC administration when they go into the back room ( maybe a smoke filled room considering Elon's histroy? ) to "negotiate terms"... sort of the same thing that happens when the car salesmen you have been talking to about buying a new car tells you:  "I'm going to turn you over to Big Ed now in the back room and Big Ed will review all the particulars of the sales contract with you."  All the time jacking up the price by confounding the buyer.. you know the routine if you have ever bought a new car.  "Smoke Filled Room" indeed!   Bill

New Message
Please login to post a reply