Free
Message: Re: What lessons can we take for Thacker Pass from the Keystone XL debacle?

And rkeeb, the nice thing about this Hub is that members can respectfully disagree.  I respect your difference of opinion.  I hold to the opinion that the opposition to Thacker Pass has been way under respected as to what they are going to bring to the table in their fight.  Being an LAC stakeholder with a chunk of change at stake hasn't hampered my ability to look at the thing objectively, at least in my opinion.  I would love to say that this movement to stop Thacker Pass is a mere inconvenience, but that is not how I assess it.  

The political decision to terminate the Keystone XL pipeline was not made in a vacuum.  It was made in response to an organized lobbying effort by multiple environmental groups.  In effect, that same sort of lobbying is going on right now in reference to the multiple groups at Thacker Pass and that same sort of "lack of political will" is open for manipulation by popular pressure.  Politicians respond to popular pressure, so the question is just how much pressure are all the groups associated with the movement to stop Thacker Pass able to generate.  Since that is a future event, we don't know that answer yet.  My contention is that the groups arrayed presently at and against Thacker Pass will probably grow in numbers over time, possibly even a short time, and that they will put the metal to the pedal, so to speak, in marshalling their efforts against LAC.

As I have previously posted to JDubski on this forum, I really hope I am wrong.  Then again, I propose that it would be folly not to study the situations that transpired at the Keystone XL pipeline and the situation that is now transpiring at the Line 3 pipeline in Minnesota so as to be better prepared for a possible very stormy road at Thacker Pass.  Does that mean that I am selling my LAC shares in anticipation of a rough ride?  Nope, not in the least.  I still have faith in an ultimate positive outcome for LAC at Thacker Pass, but I won't wear Rose Colored Glasses just because doing so would allow me to only see possible outcomes completely beneficial to the bottom line of my investment in LAC.  Just not my cup of tea.

I also don't feel that my opinion is the only one that matters on this Hub.  I encourage anyone and everyone to post opinions 100% in contradistinction to my own.  This Hub should always be welcome to opposing views and open to respect for those who hold them.

Thanks for your post.. and I truly mean "Thanks".

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply