Free

Kate7:  "New details on Millennial offer.  Most interesting is CATL has until mid November to counter offer.  Definitely not a done deal." 

Kate, thanks for that Caveat emptor statement!!  You are so very right.

Absolutely not a done deal.  CATL has an opportunity to respond to LAC's offer with a counter offer of its own in an effort to become a superior offer for Millennial.

Up until recently CATL was the #1 lithium battery producer in the world and only recently surrendered that top spot to LG Energy Solutions as a result of LG's huge deal this year with Tesla ( Big Change in EV Battery Market as LG Dethrones CATL Because of Tesla - YouTube), however the recent deal of CATL with Tesla back in late October, 2021, may have "catapulted" CATL back into the #1 spot again.  CATL has been very busy this year in taking on new projects and expanding its influence:

CATL Breaks Ground On New 50 GWh Battery Plant (insideevs.com)

EV Battery Maker CATL Plans $5-Billion China Recycling Facility (carandbike.com)

Tesla Is Shifting Standard Range Cars To LFP Batteries Globally (insideevs.com)

Recognized by World Economic Forum as Global Lighthouse Factory, CATL Leads High-Quality and Sustainable Manufacturing in Battery Industry | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com)

The point being that CATL certainly could raise the money quickly should CATL desire to take on a bidding war with LAC for Millenneal Lithium.

One interesting note to come out of the video I linked above starting at the 5 Minute 27 Second mark (Big Change in EV Battery Market as LG Dethrones CATL Because of Tesla - YouTube)is the segment about Tesla's recent deals for inking agreements about securing "sustainable" nickel supplies.  OK, I realize that LAC is not in the business of mining nickel, not now and not in the future, BUT...a big "But"... it is certainly interesting to see several proofs of Elon Musks interest in "sustainable" mineral supplies related to his 1 trillion dollar EV manufacturing business.

It seems to me that if he truly feels committed to securing "sustainable" nickel supplies then he will most likely feel the same about finding "sustainable" lithium supplies... and we have previous statements from Zawadzki and from Evans about how Thacker Pass will be commited to having a low carbon footprint as part of the definitive future of LAC's Thacker Pass. 

Of course, I used the word "definitive" because I am predicting that considerable attention in the much awaited for Thacker Pass DFS will be attuned to that whole area of providing a low carbon foot print and that the PR Department over at LAC will be hammering that point over and over again in the future, especially as we approach the critical Du point and anticipate seeing the Du upon the LAC Lilly during H1 of 2022.

Regardless of whether Evans inks a deal with Tesla or not, and I hope he doesn't, LAC will most likely ink a big deal in the near future with some Deep Pocket Sugar Daddy and considering the general political climate at large in the U.S. and the World in general it would appear that promoting a mining company as "sustainable" is going to be the necessary "Key" to open a great deal of mining doors in the future.  LAC has that key.  Go LAC!!!

New Message
Please login to post a reply