Free

Nice to get some updates. I was interested when he said they now expect the sulfuric acid plant to generate about half of their electricity needs. In the PFS they were expecting to have excess electricity that they would sell back to the grid. The potential significance of this that I see is that this may give an indication as to the efficacy of the ore upgrading. The PFS stated that for every ton of Lithium carbonate they would generate about 20 tons of magnesium sulfate. Magnesium is a tricky/costly impurity to remove. I believe they have been able to remove a large percentage of this magnesium at the front end (hydrocyclone?) so that their needs for sulfuric acid per ton of lithium carbonate is much lower. This will lower expenditures on sulfur, an input parameter to which the cost basis is sensitive, and increase the capacity of their sulfuric acid plant. That is, they can make more lithium chemicals from the same amount of sulfuric acid giving them space to grow into as they expand.  Can't wait to see the Feasibility Study!!  

AXP

New Message
Please login to post a reply