Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: OT: Loss of a good companion and friend....correction...

Ron - So sorry for your loss - we recently had a similar loss in my family. 

This story may cheer you up - I think. 

My wife got a Black Lab mix at a shelter named Sampson.  The dog next to Sampson had sign that read "destructive" - I think someone may have switched signs. 

Being a shelter dog, Sampson had a few "issues".  If we left him home alone and it happened to thunder - Sampson would become destructive.  He made one of our doors look like it went through a paper shredder and he dug a large hole through a sheet rock wall - fortunately in the basement.  We then got a metal crate for Sampson.  When I came home from work, Sampson would be outside the cage but the crate would still be locked.  He should have been named Hoodini. 

Sampson was so smart it was scary - he knew when we were going out before we went out, when he was going to be walked and when guests would be arriving - without any cues.  He would only play with much smaller dogs to avoid fights (a sign of great intelligence with dogs).  Sampson had an insatiable appetite and would eat himself to death if you let him.  I could train him to do anything with a piece of steak - I think I could have taught him physics if I had enough steak. When Sampson knew (through his phsycic powers) that we were going out, he would go into a corner and snap at anyone who went near him.  

Despite all of Sampson's personal issues, we loved that dog and miss him dearly. 

I can only imagine how you must feel losing a companion that didn't need a therapist. 

Hope Blakie rests in peace.

Jul 03, 2007 05:30AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply