Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Apr 07, 2008 05:20PM

I'll chime in and offer my opinion. First, I think your premiss is wrong, in that you think the PPS will be at "attractive buy" levels at market open on the 10th (when PTSC can supposedly buy). I'm in the camp that says that the PPS will jump, and PTSC would end up (like a lot of other people) chasing the thing up. Not a desireable circumstance (been there, done that). So, reason one IMO, is that the PPS will be a lot less than "attractive" compared to say, today's price. That's not to say that PTSC won't, IMO, look at buying downstream, after the PPS has settled. However, I'll opine again that IMO the share buyback ship has sailed - they'll never again have an opportunity like they did 6-8 months ago.

Second, and more obvious, is the fact that RG's options package is tied to other things. Now, a share buyback could fit in there somewhere, but first up was the desire for him to accomplish an acquisition. To do an acquisition, you need cash (primarily, especially in PTSC's circumstance). And that cash won't just be needed for the acquisition itself, but probably as a cash infusion for continuing operations - maintaining the business (which I suspect would be one hurting for cash). I suspect we'd be most attracted to buying, essentially, a "fixer upper". You buy it, then you fix it up. This with the assumption that they intend to get the most bang for the bucks. This is not to say it'll be some other OTCBB or private company, but (IMO) preferably one that's already listed on a major exchange.

Well, those are my two reasons....

And I KNOW nuttin'!

SGE

Apr 07, 2008 06:15PM
Apr 07, 2008 06:22PM
Apr 07, 2008 06:37PM
Apr 07, 2008 06:41PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply