Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: USPTO update...as of 2:29 today...FWIW - Eggbert/All - Dodgers
May 07, 2008 07:18PM
May 07, 2008 08:00PM
May 08, 2008 04:27AM
May 08, 2008 07:49AM

So I take it where you work is just like Congress, and the IRS, and you and all other employees just sluff-out, doing nothing, with impossible regualtions to deal with, using prayer and brown-nosing to advance within the organization. Okay.

Not all worlds are the same, even under the same general umbrella. Look at the USPTO. Under all kinds of scrutiny and pressure to produce. Jobs on the line, at all levels - operating on a tight budget with an immense workload. No comparison with Congress. But some comparison with the IRS. You think the IRS is not interested in efficiency? Their primary problem is the tax code - prepared and controlled by others.

Ever work at a company where your department/section is always working their butt off (especially with the threat of layoffs), while the department next door has a light workload and has time to waste time (funded, no threat of layoff)? I have.

Ever work in a situation where EVERYONE was highly motivated, worked their butts off, and grasped at every possible efficiency gain? I have, and it's a sight to see. West Coast Space Shuttle program (Vandenberg) - killed by Graham-Rudman and the Challenger disaster.

Ever work in an environment where output is not effectively measured and most have a lazidazical work ethic? I have. And they gave generous bonuses for any employee suggestion that even gave the appearance of an efficiency gain.

FWIW,

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply