Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Oct 06, 2008 05:02PM

With sincere apologies, I have to again disagree.

It is all relative. Cell phones use in this age group, that would be the primary users of streaming video, use this technology as a luxury

CTIA-The Wireless Association® in conjunction with Harris Interactive has released some new research on cell phone use by teenagers (Release: September 12th, 2008). The survey looked at teenagers aged 13-19, across the United States. There were 100 questions about cell phones, perceptions, and attitudes.

Below I have highlighted some interesting findings

• 57% agree or somewhat agree that the cell phone has improved their quality of life.
  • 18% agree or somewhat agree that the cell phone has positively influenced their education.
  • 35% have used their cell phone to reach out to someone in need (good Samaritan)
  • 41% are concerned about privacy and security issues when using my mobile.
  • 57% of Smartphone users and 29% of regular cell phone users said they carry their cell phone because it is how they stay connected to their "world".
  • 59% of Smartphone users and 37% of regular cell phone users said they carry their cell phone because it is an indicator of their personal style.
  • Overall a teenagers cell phone ranked 2nd only to clothing, in determining their social status.
  • 42% of teenagers said they could text message blindfolded!
  • The younger the teen, the more likely they are to choose text messaging over talking on the phone to someone.
  • The #1 reason why teens liked text messaging was because it allowed them to multitask.
  • Teens are not selecting text messaging to save money.
  • Females are much more likely to text messaging than males, and find the ability to text message to be more significant in their lives than males.
  • 66% want cell phones to provide the freedom to get an education from any location on earth.
  • 63% want cell phones to bring the world closer by better understanding global issues.
  • 28% of teens are browsing the web on their cell phones.
  • 59% of teens are willing to provide their profile information to businesses that advertise on cell phones!
  • The ideal cell phone for teenagers would include; mp3 player, GPS, Desktop/Laptop computer, portable video player, and access to your desktop/laptop computer files from anywhere!

http://www.cellphonesinlearning.com/...

We will have to agree to disagree, a cell phone is a necessity, not a luxury, in my very humble opinion.

Global cell phone subscriber base to hit four billion this year, says ITU

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/busin...

Be well

Oct 07, 2008 08:46PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply