Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

My 2 cents on the R/S discussion

posted on Jan 08, 2009 10:19AM

I'm no fan of reverse splits. There is a stigma attached to them that is often times hard to impossible to overcome. That being said though, I think it is VERY important to keep in mind that (this is my anectodal opinion only and I can't vouch for it as fact) that MOST companies pursue the R/S to MAINTAIN a listing because their stock price has been declining or is under seige or they fundamentally have very few options.

For PTSC, I'm of the opinion that since RG has been so willing to metion it and comment on his view of a R/S, the likelihood is that it is coming at some point, sooner or later and probably sooner. I think he has done so to desensitize the issue a bit, and to frame it in as positive a light as possible. With that in mind, he has discussed the R/S issue in the framework that PTSC will use it to GAIN a listing on a better exchange because aside from PPS, their fundamentals support that. That's a far cry from having to do it MAINTAIN a listing on their current exchange because their fundamentals are failing, like most companies who R/S seem to be faced with. It's this latter situation which usually ultimatley doesn't work longterm, that creates the negative stigma. I think the PTSC situation is NOT that, so the R/S has a very good chance of working if the other aspects are in place, in my opinion.

Jan 08, 2009 01:25PM
Jan 09, 2009 05:57AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply