Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Jan 20, 2009 01:05AM

Jan 20, 2009 04:41AM

Milestone:

Some fundamental similarities between the two solutions (based on information published in various forms by each company, as paraphrased by me):

Avot is a solution addressing the transcoding of various formats of compressed video files into the best format for playout on the requesting device, while also dynamically negotiating the streaming bit rate in response to network bandwidth changes. The transcoding process necessarily converts the file format from one type to another, and it is done in a way that is invisible to the user.

The Crossflo CDX solution is specifically designed for secure, inter-agency data exchange, connecting data stores across disparate data systems using a data mapping approach that standardizes data as it moves between agencies, and in a way that is invisible to the user. This standardizing of the data involves "normalizing" regardless of its form or structure, into the data form that the user's application can read.

Key benefits:

• Both require the user to only be familiar with their resident application.
  • Both provide solutions that are standards based.
  • Both solutions do not require the agency (e.g., video content host entity, data store host entity) to re-architect their existing systems.

Recently I posted my speculation about the possibility of merging the two technologies, specifically integrating the secure data mapping component of the CDX solution and the dynamic file transcoding component of Avot to allow the secure sharing of video data records among health care agencies. This could also apply to law enforcement, justice and public safety agencies as well.

What I am not familiar with is the extent to which video records exist as a part of typical medical records. If this scenario is relevant, then I would expect the need for them to be securely shared would be relevant. Perhaps GKRichard could provide some perspective on this based on his health care field experience.

As for law enforcement, justice and public safety agencies, I would expect that video records might be more typical, but again I do not know to what extent.

One thing I also do not know is whether the CDX solution already incorporates the exchange of video data in its current solution, or not. I will try to assess this, if I can. If the CDX solution does not support the sharing of video files, then it would seem that the "program code" used in each could be integrated in a complimentary way to provide "improvement" in its integrated form toward expanded functionality within the CDX solution, as i have speculated. If CDX does support video, perhaps the CDX solution could improve upon it.

That is one (my) thought on the topic. I'd like to know what others think regarding this topic, especially from a software engineer's perspective, if we have one among us.

Cheers,

DG

Jan 20, 2009 11:19AM

Jan 20, 2009 11:37AM

Jan 20, 2009 02:30PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply