HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Shakey,

Anybody who can sink a pressure putt in the first annual NOT golf tourament will not get red thumbed.

I has similar reservations as the panel about the value of Chromite when our first assays were released in the late spring. At that time I remember taking a beating on the board for mentioning that there is enough supply in South Africa to meet world demands for 200 years.

Since that time, I have learned more about the current chrome market from many posters on this board as well as Noront's presentations. There are many plusses to having a chrome mine in Canada for the major market in the US and possibly China should the NW passage open up to shipping.

The conference you refer to is the St. John's Resource Investors Forum which was held Sept 16 - 17, 2008.

It would not surprise me that these so-called experts would downplay the Chrome as there is no risk for them in doing this. If they say, YES, BUY!! and people do, and the price goes down, then they look like fools. If they say "Overrated" and people don't buy, their followers are guaranteed not to lose any money, though they will not make any either should they prove wrong.

Many on this board will remember the name Paul Van Eeden as the tool who went on BNN shortly after the Eagle One assay results were released and said that at $2.80 Noront was way overpriced for what looked to be a "thin lens" of sulphides in the area. Out west we would say he was blowing smoke out of his, well you know.

A question had come in from a caller (likely a plant) and Paul responded with a perfectly scripted bash for what Noront was doing and why he thought it was overrated and would go no where. His lemmings likely did not buy but the share price did later rose to $7.40 as Noront continued to drill and report a 2M tonne high grade nickel, copper, and PGM resource. I wonder what it might have cost Paul to cover his shorts if he had shorted.

The Canadian mining industry is a small community and for whatever reason, Noront has never received the respect it deserves for its finds at both Windfall and now the ROF. It may be because Richard Nemis has not thrown these guys any bones in terms of promotional incentives or exhibitor fees at the conferences they preach at, but Noront definitely has only a few friends in the industry. If it wasn't for IBK, Pinetree, Sprott, (and yes Genuity), I am not sure we would even be as far along as we are. I will also say that from a media perspective, Northern Miner has been very kind to Noront.

Even if the Chrome was fully discounted to zero, the nickel and other metals in the ROF are still in demand and will continue to be for a long time. As for the Windfall Gold, we all know where gold is going. We are ridiculously undervalued given what we know and time will correct this.

In the end always question what these speakers at "free conferences" have as an agenda because it is clear that they take sides. Richard and co. are having to fight this one with very little positive analyst and mainstream media support.

Which of course is why many of us have been able to buy so many cheapies during the past two months during the summer doldrums and market meltdown.

M1.

PM
Oct 03, 2008 03:43PM
Oct 03, 2008 05:56PM
Oct 04, 2008 12:42PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply