HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Re: Rosehill...re Windfall...and more - miskealp

posted on Feb 19, 2009 10:09AM

Given the Wabush Mine History, I expect Cliffs will be very content to develop their own Mine for their own Supply Purposes by allowing some much larger Consortium to lead in Developing the Greater RoF area ahead of their own Development.

Or they would look to being a partner in ONE BIG Development. Similar to the Hostory of the IOC Labrador West Iron Mining District and similar to the Suncore and Other Athabasca Oil Sands Development(s).

Either way would siffice for a company such as Cliffs.

Note that just like the two examples I just gave on Development Options, the "RING of FIRE" is simply TOO BIG an Area with TOO MUCH VALUE for any one Major to ever expect to Own it ALL OUTRIGHT!

Note the Times in which Labrador West was Opened Up (early 1960's) and the Same for the Oil Sands (late 1970's - early 1980's) and the relative Economic Conditions at each time and in each respective Industry at those times.

Financing is a big part of the equation in that who ever gets to do the Development(s) must be able to raise the Development Funds as well as the Initial Operating Funds (in the current Global Market Place - where there is a great demand for new Cash - inspite of the Lequidity problems of the Banking Sector) and will want to do this as One Big Development Operation.

And with that in mind, IT IS GOOD THAT GOVERNMENT(s) are doing Stimulus Planning with a big chunk going to NEW Infrastructure. And it is Equally GOOD that we see Plans for a New Massively Big Mining Camp occur, as this will Dove Tail very well with the New Reality of the neeing to be Changed Global Economy.

The "RING of FIRE" will change a large part of the Global Mining Industry Economics as part of the Changing Global Economy. Just as did Labrador West changed the North American Steel Industry Supply Equation, and the Athabasca Oil Sands is slowly changing the North Amarican Oil Supply Equation.

The "RING of FIRE" will be a Labrador Speed Change for the Mining/Steel Production Industry in North America AND for the Global Steel related Industry as a Whole!

Old Joe

New Message
Please login to post a reply