HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: Rhyme and Reason - Contempt and Disgust - response Rodg - my response

Re: Rhyme and Reason - Contempt and Disgust - response Rodg - my response

posted on Feb 19, 2009 07:47AM

Your reasoning does not jive. You said: "Management wants to shake us out." Management wants to make as much money as they can. They don't care who buys shares of the company's stock - whether retail or institutional. What they do care about is getting the stock price back up to it previous higher levels.

The more people who take an interest in Noront, the more purchasing of the stock and the higher the price goes. You just said in your comment about the BMO cross trade that it is Cliff trying to buy up to 9.9% of the company's stock. You also said to look for another major player to be doing the same thing.

Well, if that happens, there are only so many shares presently available, so the greater the demand, the higher the stock price will rise, especially if the many retail shareholders cling on to their shares because they are convinced that their stock is worth a lot more than its present price, and that a bidding war will drive the price up even further.

On the other hand, if the retail shareholders want to give up their shares because they are convinced that, as you say "managment wants to shake us [i.e., retail shareholders] out," then they'll sell their shares cheaply, in which case, there will be more shares available for institutional investors at cheap prices, and the stock price will not go up as soon as it would have done otherwise.

I still believe your comments in this regard are incorrect, as well as counter-productive to the retail investors and to the health of the stock share price.

New Message
Please login to post a reply