HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Re: consequences

posted on Mar 15, 2009 10:36AM

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

I have been reading the posts with anticipation all weekend and feel I need to enter into the fray. I think we (Retail) need to consider carefully what we should be doing at this point in time to ensure investment potential is not pulled out from under us. Cosil’s post at 1:15 pm demonstrates this I think.

Although this is the case, I also think that in this environment we have to make sure that those that control our investments are aware we are not without recourse should they choose not to act in our best interests. I don’t agree we should just let the status quo go and continue to be ripped off or get the short end of the stick.

As such I just thought I would relay my personal opinion to the current BoD in the event they do read this Forum.

Over the proceeding several months the actions (inaction) of the current BoD has been closely scrutinized by the retail investor. Many have questioned what appear to be shady and unscrupulous practices. These have included such things as lack of timely assay results, suspicious trading practices meant to hold the SP down, dilution and granting of compensation packages that many feel were not yet warranted.

Now they are attempting to silence the retail investor by suspending Agoracom as a discussion forum for NOT Shareholders. This I am sure the BoD is aware, is very concerning to retail and calls into question there motivation for doing so. As pointed out by others, this may be a predecessor to further BoD decisions that may be contrary to retails interests.

In the present economy, retail investors are watching very closely the practices of portfolio managers, brokers, hedge funds, corrupt money managers, company CEO’s and yes, the BoD of NOT is not exempt from this. There is a head hunt going on for those engaged in dishonest, unscrupulous or unfair business practices. It is time that the above noted groups and individuals stop stealing the money people have entrusted to them. It is clear that the companies we invest in are to act in the best interests of all shareholders not just those with an inside track.

As the scandals and criminal behaviors so prevalent in the markets continue to make headlines, the retail investor is beginning to realize that as the caretakers of our vast holding, BoD’s or those who are the caretakers of our money require careful scrutiny and ongoing monitoring. If retail feels they are being cheated or mistreated you can be sure we as a group will unite as we never have before, and we should.

So many scandals (As witnessed in the headlines) have and will continue to create new laws and regulations meant to protect the retail investor. Fines and restitution will become more common place for those that contravene these. Should companies choose to use any unfair practices that infringe on my rights as an investor they should not think for a minute that they will be able to escape the sanctions that have befallen so many others in recent months. Those that continue to take advantage of retail investors by unfair trading practices or outright criminal behavior should be afraid, very afraid.

With all that is happening in the current economy and the scrutiny companies are under, I think the BoD is likely acting within current legal boundries, as I doubt anyone in their right mind would take a chance on acting in a criminal manner.

In relation to what we should be doing at the current moment to ensure our interests are being looked after, I would suggest that anyone with a complaint about current practices contact the OSC to request this be looked into. I believe that they have a policy that if they receive several complaints from different individuals about the same issue they look into these. This could include lack of timely assays, or what appear to be irregular trading practices etc.

Relic

New Message
Please login to post a reply