HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Aug 22, 2009 07:01AM
Aug 22, 2009 09:18AM
Aug 22, 2009 11:03AM
Aug 22, 2009 11:23AM

"There might be a pop when the deal is first anounced but then (imo) the share price will languish for years as they go through environmental studies, planning for construction, eventual construction, start-up, etc., etc."

“I'm not disputing the possibility of this statement, …….”

Thanks.

“but I think that you would have to consider this on a case by case basis not based on what others have done. This is the ROF and there is nothing else like it. It really depends on how sexy the scene is and how circumstances play out. It really depends on how desireable (sexy) the find is” If we're talking tin, I might agree with you. If we're talking multi-metallic with pge's et al at mouth watering percentages, maybe not.

The other company is pretty sexy. It has been called one of the biggest agglomerations of metals on the face of the earth. Their discovery is gold/copper. It is located in a reasonably stable part of the world (Alaska).

“My guess however is that our BOD will not be looking for a JV unless there is provision for an equally mouth watering buyout which would entice investors to buy in for that eventuality. “

I’m pretty skeptical of this one – a joint venture with a guaranteed mouth-watering buyout. If it happens I’m all for it but I won’t hold my breath. (I wonder if the BoD might have a conflict of interest i.e. maybe the mouth-watering buyout in the end might be in the form of a wink and nod after more options issued to themselves and a few more years on the payroll <just musing>).

“I would expect the BOD to take it to the brink of being a mine and then selling, though they are indicating that they are becoming a mining company not just exploration, which will accomplish the aforementioned.”

Right. Well at Voisey’s Bay they are talking about 950 million dollars for infrastructure at Voisey’s Bay and another billion dollars for a smelter in Newfoundland. Other than roads and electricity, etc., NOT needs a shaft, development drifts, raises, etc. and a mill. This stuff ain’t cheap. Without participation of a major I doubt if NOT has the financial clout. And what comes out the end of the mill is a concentrate; so what do you do with that. I suppose there is an outside chance it could get shipped to China but most likely you’re going to need an agreement with a major i.e. most likely Vale or Xstrata; so you’re in that catch-22 situation.

I stand by what I said. The best outcome would be the sale of NOT to a major for an equitable price with equitable distribution to all shareholders as soon as possible. It would be great if both Vale and Xtrata get in on the bidding (a la Voisey’s Bay).

P.S. This is sort of off-topic but I think the rules should be relaxed a bit on the weekends. I’m not inclined to post again on this topic.

Aug 22, 2009 02:37PM
Aug 22, 2009 09:29PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply