HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

This is very wrong!

posted on Jan 29, 2010 06:05PM

From all indications, MFFN's dissatisfaction regarding the ROF, is not with Noront. As such the blockade should not apply to Noront's activities.

It is all well and good to support your neighbours, but that support does not have to affect Noront's work. It would be much more meaningful for MFFN to allow Noront to continue normal operations, but not allow those companies they have issues with to operate.

This would emphasize that proper discussions and efforts to work with First Nations communities is not only morally correct, but also just plain good business.

Noront has made a great effort to involve the First Nation communites. For Noront to be punished along with everyone else is morally wrong, and just plain bad business on the part of MFFN.

While I realize Wes and company are in a delicate situation, I believe they have leaned too far to appeasment, and not enough toward assertion of our rights, and the mutual advantage of allowing Noront to move forward without interference of any kind.

I repeat,...... this treatment of Noront is bad management on the part of MFFN. I hope negotiators can convince them of this, and quickly.

Poster, "Rhammer" has posted some concise descriptions of the situation in the ROF, and after reading them, I sympathized with the First Nations concerns, but that sympathy is fading as my portfolio value declines. No, it is not just about money. It is about principle. MFFN should not be painting Noront with the same brush as those companies that they have concerns with.

There are a number of issues in our society that I am unhappy with.......I wonder what would happen to me if I blockaded something??

With great concern,

Canseco

New Message
Please login to post a reply