HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

"I thought Wes was already making $1,000,000/yr in Salary. Not too shabby for an exploration company, hopefully a producer (!?)."

And so do a lot of others that don't take the time to properly determine what they are saying before doing so.

Accounting rules require the company to place a value on the options they issue. Based on that valuation, he received a mill in salary and options last year. About 200k of that was salary, with the rest being out of the money options that have an expiry date. The 200k salary is likely less than he earned while employed at his previous position with a larger mining company, and at any rate, is not an exorbitant amount for his (qualifications?).

There is some game being played here, and none of us understand just what that game is. The options he was granted last year were, I believe, around the 1.25 mark. Why, if he had any control over the game, did he not act in a manner that would drive the SP up to the 2.00 mark to allow him the room to exercise these options, and top off his actual salary, as so many others in his position do.

Instead his actions have seemingly served to downplay everything and keep us at the levels we are at today. I have yet to hear a convincing argument as to why they have done this, except the one in which it will limit the required share in infrastructure costs down the road, and that is rather flimsy.

When the dust does settle at the end of the road here, the purpose of these games may become obvious. Certainly it is much deeper than a simple attempt to steal the remaining shares from retail. For certain though, the ones who retain the fortitude to stay the course will be the ultimate winners.

Best regards

K

New Message
Please login to post a reply