HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Sep 15, 2011 01:08PM

I do have a bit of understanding of this slurry line they are planning, but I failed to see the logic of it, until the recent announcement of support from First Nations regarding the east west route from Pickle Lake. There is an existing corridor along this route that is utilized in winter months to provide logistics to the affected communities. That corridor comes south from Webequie to a point referred to as Webequie Junction, and continues southwest towards Summer Beaver, and on to Pickle Lake.

In my opinion, Noront is using the logic that The province is going to provide funding to upgrade this route to a year round access as their contribution towards the ROF infrastructure, either by supporting a venture undertaken by First Nations, or as a public road. This does not bring a road all the way in to the ROF, and the closest point would be at Webequie junction.

By far, the cheapest and most evironmentally invisible way to move the finished product to a loadout terminal at Webequie Junction would be by a buried slurry line. They also propose to locate a power plant at this junction, where it could be fed and maintained better, and route it to the Eaglesnest via a poleline that would follow the same route as the pipeline. By also agreeing to provide Webequie from this power source, they pretty much ensure support from them.

The above plan suggests a minimum capital return of 19%, and is workable in even the worst case scenario. The important thing is, it is a plan, and they are moving ahead with it. No one else has even come up with a workable plan to date. They will, and when they do, it will add credibility to Noront, but the fact that Noront is 1-2 years ahead of the game will not change.

Best regards

K

Sep 15, 2011 02:34PM
Sep 15, 2011 04:21PM
Sep 15, 2011 04:38PM
Sep 15, 2011 06:06PM
Sep 15, 2011 06:20PM
Sep 15, 2011 09:23PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply