HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Ring of Fire – Getting it Right Rather than Getting it Soon - See more at: http:

Crazytrade,

I share your anger at the outrageous, arrogant, pompous, letter written by this chief.

Her words are very insulting to both the mining companies and government who have been consulting and trying their best for ....years.

Noront even won an award for social responsibility!

This chief had NO problem taking a chunk of the 785 million dollars to study the east west corridor study. If she was so opposed she should not have taken the money that was given.

This chief will take no accountability of any kind for the mess at the reserve. It's everyone else's fault.

As an example take a look at this article from 2012...80% addicted to Oxy.

Oxy is costing... gulp....$400 a pill. Forget the cost of bottled water. Focus on the cost of one measely pill....and to think that 80% are addicted.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/addicted-first-nation-struggles-with-housing-1.1247324

When you read this article from 2012 above...you'll notice ...no comments allowed.

I'm glad that I can comment on Agora.

If I was a single mom with 5 kids and NO job....I'd be living in my parents house too. If her dad is a drug addict, why tie yourself further to living with him in this small house by having a staggering five kids. Look at the picture of her... a young girl with FIVE kids.

She's upset about a lack of a road because the only way out is by a plane to Thunder Bay for herself and her FIVE KIDS. So if the money for the plane rides were given to her...what then.

Could she support herself and her five kids in Thunder Bay? Doing what exactly? And who is going to look after the five kids for her??

The money has been squandered for years and years by the leadership at reserves like this. The folks have learned from the Chiefs. No accountability is ok.

Stopping the drugs from coming in when the area is remote with only 1400 people shouldn't be too hard...if you make an effort, or should I say…want to make one.

The current chief at Eabametoong was not the same chief as the previous one when this 2012-80% addiction story came out. But, she should at least realize that lots and lost of money given to the reserve had been squandered over the years...and could have been spent on necessities.

That is the explanation of why there wasn't adequate means to fight a fire in a community center that happened early today...or why there is a lack of money for other necessities.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/eabametoong-first-nation-community-centre-fire-1.3525368

===================================================

It's insane to me that the chiefs that run these HORRIBLY run reserves...cannot understand that.

The chief of this reserve states today "We are interested in the development of meaningful, relationship-­based partnerships that could lead to wise management of resources"

Wise management of Resources...are you kidding me????? How insulting is it to preach to the gov't about knowing anything about wise management of resources. Look at the way her reserve is run. I see no evidence of wise management there. The fire today at the community center and it’s handling…is one small example.

And she states in her letter ...this ..extremely insulting statement :

"In many ways, our traditional values and principles are far more useful and advanced than the implementation of sustainability objectives among governments and industry"

If this reserve actually had traditional values and useful ,advanced principles......she wouldn't be complaining of a social crisis in this same letter. If the kids and the reserve are unhappy and want to gets jobs to better their life...why is she preventing that from happening.

Speaking of money. I believe this is all that this is about. This is not about environment whatsoever...or teaching our gov't how to be ...wise managers.

This community fire that happened today was NOT GOOD for the environment. It was only 10 years old and the replacement cost is one million dollars. IF 80% of the community wasn't addicted to $400 per pill oxy....there would have been money for adequate means to fight this fire YEARS AGO. And that would be MUCH better for the environment.

Crazytrade, I agree that this blabbering is about the welfare:

“Based on our research, our most at-­risk community members could receive 30-­50% less social assistance through Ontario Works if we are connected by road, with few economic alternatives for our members to turn to in the near term”

And …with negative articles in the ROF….why would we not believe that FN use this to their gain.

http://www.matawa.on.ca/news-release-matawa-first-nations-complete-investor-shareholder-advocacy-training/

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2015/03/09/two-first-nations-tribes-pull-seat-wall-street-159516

The link above makes you wonder how many shares at Noront’s current price are being purchased by Nativeone.

New Message
Please login to post a reply