HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

This article provides a nice little look at what Outokumpu has been up to...A company that Noront seems to be mirroring themselves to, and one that probably has eyes on Noront in return...Glencore too is in this picture...There must be a renewed interest in stainless steel in the foreseeable future, because Outokumpu plans to dig deeper to expand their chromite resource at Kemi.  A costly venture for a commodity whose price is so low right now, so there must be anticipated increase in its value on the horizon, and a corresponding one for stainless steel.  Glencore seems to think likewise I am assuming, because they too are planning to dig deeper in Sudbury in search of more nickel.  However, Glencore may also have the EV market in mind as well.

Funny,  both Outokumpu and Glencore have spoken to Noront in the past, so with the right incentive I can see both companies vying for interest in Noront's claims for their own specific purposes.  The markets currently are saying that the time is right for moving forward with both the nickel and chromite, as well as road and later rail; we can no longer waste time.  The question here is could there be a deal made between all three; a Triad if you will. Just think of this from a North American perspective....Noront has the FN associates and the commodities.....Glencore has the capital and EV resources....and Outokumpu has the advanced FPF technology and stainless steel expertise.  Now that's one threesome with benefications if you ask me.

IMHO,

TM.

http://www.energy-business-review.com/news/pyry-signs-engineering-services-assignment-for-311m-kemi-mine-expansion-in-finland-160218-6057945

Pöyry wins engineering services contract for $311m Finnish mine expansion project

EBR Staff WriterPublished 16 February 2018

Pöyry has been awarded engineering, project and site services contract by Finland-based Outokumpu for a €250m ($311.9m) project to expand Kemi mine in Finland.

The expansion aims to deepen the Kemi mine from the current 500m level to 1,000m to ensure continued future ore supply while allowing the firm to maintain current level of chromite production even in the coming decades.

Outokumpu’s current chromite production capacity is about 2.7 million tons per year.

As per the assignment, Pöyry will be responsible for providing all basic and detailed engineering services for process, mechanical, layout, civil, structural, process electrification, ICT, automation, instrumentation, HVAC, ventilation and building electrification design disciplines as well as rock mechanics and rock engineering.

The scope of the contract also includes procurement support, project management and control services, site supervision and commissioning support.

Kemi mine head Jyrki Salmi said: "Chromium is a strategically important raw material for Outokumpu, since it is what makes steel "stainless".

“Our own chromite ore supply coupled with the related ferrochrome production give us significant competitive advantage on the market.”

The expansion of Kemi mine is scheduled to be executed between 2017 and 2020.

Pöyry Northern Europe industry business president Kalle Rasinmäki said: "Our competence will ensure that stringent health, safety and environmental standards will be met and even exceeded.

“In our engineering work, we pay close attention to resource efficiency and digitalization to ensure the on-going competitiveness of the clients' business. Every plant is designed to perform with long-term results.”

In 2014, Outokumpu has provided updated estimates on the proved ore reserves and mineral resources of the Kemi mine, which is claimed to be

As per the estimates, the mine has proved ore reserves of 50.1 million tons.

Said to be the only chrome mine in the European Union as of 2014, the Kemi mine has commenced production in 1968.

New Message
Please login to post a reply