HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: MATAWA CALLS ON CANADA TO ESTABLISH A ‘MATAWA/CANADA NORTHERN DEVELOPMENT TABLE’ FOR ECONOMIC PROSPERITY THAT BENEFITS ALL CANADIANS INCLUDING FIRST N

SORRY ....WHAT I AM TRYING TO POST IS NOT PASTING WELL..... PLEASE RE-READ FROM MY LAST POST...... TM.

I said this recently in a post......

My view is like this:

Forrest will tell Matawa there are no free rides. If you want to be a shareholder you've got to buy in and have skin in the game....Just like everyone else.

The only way Matawa gets skin in Wyloo Canada is from the Government of Canada using tax dollars in the name of financial reconciliation to help Matawa get the skin their looking for. This is outside of a cut of the action from government taxation IBAs.

Wyloo Canada will introduce an PP that will be specific to First Nations, or some sort of partnership where a Matawa rep. comes onboard as an investor/board member.

Canadian Infrastructure Bank will become actively involved with Infrastructure Investment Partnerships or loans to Matawa First Nations. First Nation Infrastructure fronts will allow private sector investors to profit from reserve taxation status, or development involvement...Roads, tolls, energy distribution, hydro dams....

There will be the formation of a Government/First Nation Resource Development Corporation, possibly specific to the Ring of Fire, that will act to oversee all development across  Ontario. Including consultation processes and EA collaboration between Government/First Nations and Private Sector Investors/Companies to streamline the complexity of the resource development process.

Forrest will move quickly to consult with Matawa and form business partnerships/collaboration to expedite mine development and infrastructure to benefit Wyloo and FN communities through government funding and Private Sector involvement/capital.

Matawa desire to start a partnership with government is a very good thing, as long as they understand who is paying the bill and that they have to be active, and not lazy, in respect to the timelines and all the work being done by others; profit : work/investment fundamental.

Now....Look at this recent article and below that another from March 9, 2020....Then put the pieces together. Including talk about hydroelectric dams in the north...

Read this first and then the two articles to follow....It'll give you a picture of what I see happening soon....

1) https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-news/province-wants-to-scope-out-northern-ontario-for-new-hydroelectric-power-sites-4975713

More water power projects in the North could offer economic benefits for local and Indigenous communities in the North, the government said.

A dozen of hydro generating stations involve Indigenous ownership. OPG has partnerships with three First Nations on six generating stations, including the Lac Seul Generating Station, Lower Mattagami Redevelopment Project and Peter Sutherland Sr. GS.

The government said OPG will be engaging with Indigenous communities and organizations to understand how First Nations can participate and benefit from these future projects.

Further hydro development could spur job creation in Indigenous and remote communities, power industries and communities, and will ensure a cleaner future for our province," added Mines, Northern Development, Natural Resources and Forestry Minster Greg Rickford in a news release.

2) Matawa Seeks Matawa/Canada Northern Development Tabl​e​

https://www.netnewsledger.com/2022/02/23/matawa-seeks-matawa-canada-northern-development-table/

David Paul Achneepineskum, CEO, Matawa First Nations Management says, “The Matawa Chiefs Council have consistently stated the position that the development of the North including the Ring of Fire mineral deposit will require the participation of our people of the Matawa First Nations, the governments of Canada and Ontario, industry and investors to maximize the potential multi-generational benefits that are anticipated.”

3) https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/matawa-infrastructure-partnership-1.5488751

Thunder Bay

Matawa partnering with business sector to solve First Nations infrastructure deficit

Facebook

Twitter

Email

Reddit

LinkedIn

The chiefs are working with EPCOR, PCL Construction, Ontario Power Generation and others

Heather Kitching · CBC News · Posted: Mar 09, 2020 6:00 AM ET | Last Updated: March 9, 2020

Harvey Yesno is chief of Eabametoong First Nation in Ontario. He said he needs to try a different approach to improving infrastructure because his community members are criticizing him for not doing enough to address their housing shortage. (Dave McSporran/Bottled Media)

The chief of Eabametoong First Nation says he hopes a new partnership between Matawa First Nations and a series of mostly private sector partners will finally help address the infrastructure deficit in Matawa communities.

The Matawa chiefs announced last week that they are in discussions with several large enterprises, including Ontario Power Generation,  EPCOR Canada and PCL Construction, as well as the strategic communications firm Enterprise Canada, about addressing infrastructure needs in the communities in a systematic and efficient way using private financing.

Matawa and the partner companies are discussing the creation of a corporation to oversee the work, according to a news release issued by Matawa First Nations Management.

The communities had to try a new approach because the current system isn't meeting community needs, Eabametoong chief Harvey Yesno told CBC

"It's not that easy just to say, "'Well if [only] the government came with more funding for housing,'" Yesno said. "You can't build the houses without the water and sewer and enough electricity... So these need to be phased, and when that's done, there's just such a big backlog of community infrastructure. We're never catching up."

OPG to look at power generation options

Yesno once had to bank capital for several years in order to help pay for a new water and sewer project, he said, by way of example. No houses got built for two or three years as a result.

Complicating matters is the fact that government funding allotments for infrastructure are typically raised relative to the overall growth of the Canadian economy, Yesno said.  However, population growth in First Nations is outpacing economic growth.

What's more, building housing, sewer systems and water treatment facilities in remote communities is expensive, he added.

First Nations hope the new partnership will help them stretch their government dollars considerably farther than they can now, he said.

"A lot of these partners that have come in have actually put in—I don't know if you'd call it sweat equity, but they've put a lot of calculation into this," Yesno said.  

"They've contributed quite a bit already.  They've done the analysis themselves.  We didn't do that because we couldn't afford to do that."

One of Matawa's new partners, Ontario Power Generation, will help communities harness opportunities to meet their power needs, Yesno said.

"We're up north there. There's no transmission line coming close by," he said. "Even the Watay project is primarily a western project. So we're looking at what can we do to harness some of the... run-of-the-river kind of power generation."

The next step for the Matawa communities is to decide which projects to focus on first, Yesno said. He himself will be double checking and prioritizing his own community's needs.

He has no choice but to push ahead with the new strategy, he said.

"I could stay with the existing formula, but I'm getting bashed by my community for not doing enough for housing," he said, "So I'm probably one of the ones that would really like to see this work because I don't see any other alternative."

TM.

New Message
Please login to post a reply