Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I am certain, as many are here, after years of researching this company that the technology is very sound, and extremely well thought through as a result of Taylor's unmatched ingenuity and likely there is very little risk within the remaining work to be done. Manocha coming on board also solidifies that thought as he never would have come on board until the process was proven to be successful and that is why they have gotten to this late stage they are in with many interested parties and the ability to talk so confidently about revenue in the short term. It would be a very big gamble by management to discuss this openly without having all major impediments removed.

So I agree the risks on the technology side are minimal, but where the real risk lies is in not getting to realize the true value of POET in a few years due to the cut-throat, and competitive nature of the business world we live in today. The Qualcomms of the world and other technology companies in the earlier years were allowed to grow more organically and the threat of take over was not the same as it is today.

With all the mergers & acquisitions required today to maintain a competitive advantage in this highly competitive market, and the deep pockets of the largest tech firms that could buy POET with pocket change, this is what I would be concerned about most. This is why I personally blink an eye at current and past projections presented over the years, because in all honesty, I feel they may be realistic regarding what the POET technology could some day be worth, but not what will ever be reflected in our portfolios when/if the time comes. There are a legion of businesses that could be threatened by the disruption that POET could cause, and someone or something, sometime soon will do whatever it takes to own it. In the end we will likely have to settle for shares, (if a public company) in whoever is able to get their full clasp around POET, and as someone else mentioned here, would be a very dilutive consequence owning shares in the acquirer. I believe this to be the greatest risk that us shareholders face with the current state of the business world today, but I see it as only a high risk and not a certainty. I myself hope they find a way to avoid this scenario for as long as possible, and is the greatest challenge that I believe mangement will soon have to face.

New Message
Please login to post a reply