Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Sulasailor: One aspect of this that I cannot get a handle on is the importance of the ring oscillator (RO).

The importance of the ring oscillator is huge!

According to common knowledge CMOS cannot be done efficiently in gallium arsenide (GaAs). This is the reason why we can find GaAs in RF and optoelectronics, but all digital circuitry like processors, memory etc. is done in silicon (Si) today. To quote from Wikipedia: "Because they lack a fast CMOS structure, GaAs circuits must use logic styles which have much higher power consumption; this has made GaAs circuits less able to compete with silicon logic circuits."

This has all changed with Dr. Taylor's work.

Thanks to the POET process, GaAs CMOS can not only compete with Si CMOS, but will outpace it by far. And the ring oscillator will be the undeniable proof, because it is a logic (digital) circuit done in GaAs CMOS.

Once the GaAs ring oscillator has been revealed, experts will have to revise their knowledge, text books will have to be rewritten, Joel H will get a nice surprise and the share price will keep climbing as the market begins to grasp the impact.

It is quite possible that it is already done. An announcement could come at any time now.

New Message
Please login to post a reply