Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

We are such creatures of habit.  But if you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it.

Anytime I see the words "take out" or "buy out", I generally assume we have a new poster at the party.  There is NO CHANCE that the OI platform gets given away after all the work put in over the last 3 years, unless someone is willing to pry it away for breathtakingly ridiculous sums of money. Even then, our management team will wait until there are 2 or 3 others desperate to own the crown jewell of disruptive technology.  Do the math.  Look at the potential market share, then factor that our platform is scalable beyond 400!  

Anaylysts are not going to get anything more out of our company than what's been written in official releases.  Don't expect some 3rd party tech blogger to help inflate the SP.

There is a cageyness about Suresh I like.  And I agree with a previous poster who said this latest release was "an undersell".  Compare that with the Copetti era, when everything was an "oversell". It just goes to show the difference between having and not having, leverage.  

We have something very very big here, and the braintrust is trying to maximize it's value for the best possible outcome.  I still think we have a way to go before the big action occurs, and that will mean proof of concept on a very large scale, because capacity has yet to be proven.  But when it does, and orders are tangible, then comes the big institutional money.  They'll come in at varying stages.  $5.00 and upward.  That would be a big deal.

While there are advantages to a take-out, (our exit point is determined for us), I'd rather hold and see if POET can also revive the GaAs angle.   

Feb 06, 2020 12:12PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply