Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Shash,

Jan 29, 2018: OI waveguides demonstrate 10x better performance than traditional PIC.

Apr 9, 2018: Silterra can produce wafers and support volume manufacturing for OI devices.

Jun 21, 2018: Almae works with POET on OI compatible lasers (compatible wafers that support OI)

Nov 12, 2018: First orders of OI products (clearly these did not need all 8 components a transceiver needs)

I believe the OI has been good for a while. What we were missing is all the optical devices needed for a complete (at first 100G) 400G transceiver. These are the muxes, lasers, filters, waveguides etc that make up any photonic device. I hear Suresh saying we have all those pieces working as units and all are OI compatible in that they can all be produced on OI compatible wafers.

Yes, the product is not there. But the OI and whatever optcal devices the customer might need to be their product are ready.

IMHO

rogue

Feb 06, 2020 12:12PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply