Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

In watching the markets and the US, if not much of the world, go nuts over the last week, I actually thought POET looked better vis a vis many other stocks because there is a decent chance that significant positive news may come during the time that there is so much uncertainty in most everything - from stock markets, to schedules of all types, including work and school, to potential instability and slowdown in general commerce, to distribution of goods, especially food and drugs, and most of all, to how our various countries' health care systems will handle the CV.

For those of you who have made the "mistake" of having POET as your only, or as a severely overweight position in your investment portfolio (for many, aka, their financial life-line), you may be catching a break.  If we get the news we want and a nice jump in price, or if we get a buyout at multiple times our then current market cap, one may be in a position to take advantage of a situation where many dividend paying, blue-chip, household-name stocks are selling at a significant discount and modest P/E (I'm trying to strongly imply that one ought not think that if POET turns out well, that one can pick two in a row like that, in other words, as the old, wise song goes, "you'd better shop around").  

Given what we've heard recently, and, admittedly, being swayed some by some pretty positive posts by some pretty technically sharp people, it seems more unlikely to me than at any time before now, that POET falls on its face.  Still could happen, of course, but a good bit of derisking has occurred.

The last couple of days, diversification (unless the diversity is in certain bonds or being short) hasn't done too much to keep most safe from this financial hurricane.  Gold has proven to be a bust in the last couple of days. Utilities and other generally "safe" categories have taken it in the "shorts" as well.  Really, no place to hide - too late to buy bonds?  Who knows, but the 10-year got to 1.15% on Friday, not sure where it closed.

Leb, was that you calling for money to be put to use in the afternoon session?  Well, not sure you were quite thinking about waiting until the last 20 minutes, where there was a furious rally, but kudos nonethless - scoreboard, baby!  I'm pretty sure that was the best I've ever felt about a 350 point drop in the DOW!  It had all the earmarks of a 1,300 or 1,400 point drop as of about 3:40 EST.  However, every rally attempt of the last six or so trading days has been met with overwhelming selling pressure, and my guess is we see the pressure again Monday morning.

Weirdly, oddly, possibly macabrely, and most of all, uncharacteristically, I view POET as a sort of safe haven at this point.

New Message
Please login to post a reply