Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

FJ mentioned we have a captive audience.

We all should have noted by now that many of the principle players in the industry have spoken out publicly about the pressing need for a solution to lowering the manufacturing costs and overall cost of optical communications at all levels, this includes lowering power consumption, increasing performance and reliability.  These factors are blocking progress comparable to the settlement of the American continent where the effect of railways opened essential communication paths proved to be the catalyst for development.

Here in one small start up POET management have focussed on answering these problems and can meet every one of the criteria specified by the industries principle optical users in its optical Interposer platform. ‘The captive audience’.  The necessary lag caused by the need to prove a product is seemingly frustrating but essential if quality is to be build into the POET brand.

From the increasing number of mentions that POET technologies is receiving in prestigious but unaffordable  analysts reports, it’s clear that at this very moment there are institutions where company researchers are heads down into these report to pick and verify opportunities for investment in optical communications.  POET from what it has achieved and announced will stand out as a firm with exceptional potential. What bothers me a little is whether management are configured for the avalanche of interest that will arrive, our principle officers are going to be busy. 

That said my long term faith in the just and wise target of optical integrated POET products, that Suresh Venkatesen expressed so long ago has long passed from hope into reality. For those who measure progress only by SP alone it’s time to recognise that that too is affected by the lag necessary to prove POET’s authenticity.  I am confident this will come.  The light bar production might well be that moment.

I regret that I’m bowing out from the board for a while, whilst other important factors of life dominate my attention. But I sincerely wish you all the joys of family love and peace that the Christmas message brings us along with a happy and prosperous new year, when I hope to rejoin - wish me luck!

Robert

Dec 13, 2020 01:39PM
Dec 13, 2020 03:26PM
Dec 13, 2020 04:56PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply