Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

With all due respect, Sipho, I must categorically disagree with you. The reality that Poet finds itself in is not because of a lot of confirmation bias support built-in to this forum as you, perhaps, allude to. To me, that is doubt that is unwarranted. Hopefully, that was not your intention. The reality is very basic. Poet has stuck to their roadmap and along the way some of the timeframe adjustments are customer-specific to this fact that I requote from you: " We have been told in the past that the qualification time period is dependent on the customer." That statement comes for Suresh, Poet's CEO.

By understanding that quote from Suresh, there should be no reason for casting doubt on something that has been reality all along. Poet has large customers and prospective customers to please, and they must be absolutely sure all works as adverstised. For Poet's clients, it is their brand that the market sees, so a lot is at stake to do it right the first time. The new OI techonology integrated into their products must qualify with the reputable reliability of their well-established product families. With that said, then Poet's clients know the energy cost savings, product manufacturing cost savings, and vastly improved performance are true winners. That enables Poet's customer to roll out their products of which would be done according to their roadmaps. There is no bias in any of this. It is common sense.

Monolithic

Dec 13, 2020 01:39PM
Dec 13, 2020 03:26PM
Dec 13, 2020 04:56PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply