Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

canadiancamper have you ever looked at the number of events Michael Lebby attends. He is at all of them. Now look at the market cap of that company. It is possible that POET may use that polymer modulator and my understanding is that polymer is already a part of the stack for refractive  co-efficient athermal correction (to  enhance the  athermal properties of the POET dielectric stack). Suresh is very aware of that company and what they do. I pointed out to  Suresh once that  Michael was doing a quarterly letter to shareholders he really did not comment on this but clearly all that effort all those presentations have not had a big impact on that  companies share price. There is a bigger issue and that is the use of polymer which has significant stability concerns. They appear to have controlled much of this but I think that packaged optics next to high power silicon switches is going to be a difficult environment. That being said there is some very obvious advantages to the high speed capabilities of the polymer they have developed.

I have always been of the opinion that lightwave logic has an advanced device looking for a platform and really that is the way the POET's de-mux started out. The thing is we had Suresh to take that device and turn it into an extremely adaptable platform.

New Message
Please login to post a reply