TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free
Feb 04, 2010 08:28PM

What I would like to learn is how are the veins we are finding different from those succesfully mined some 70 to 30 years ago. Is it just grade and width, or is there something different. We seem to find long, narrow and parallell veins too far apart to create a compact cluster. Where previous deposits similar?

To sink a shaft you need to have a certain minimum amount of gold in the vicinity, but with a narrow, fairly low grade vein going on for miles, that is not the case.

Personally I do not think any of the veins reported upon are economic, neither those by Sage or others, so if this is going to continue we are just threading water. I think Brian has to sit down and analyze the situation, and yes possible 'give up' on that area and move on. But before moving on I would have liked to see a pretty comprehesive report analysing what they have discovered and see how it stacks up with compared to economic mines, past and present.

It would also be nice to have a benchmark ideal mine which they would consider to be just enough to be economic. Are we just kidding ourselves or are we pretty close, Brian should have a pretty good feeling; time to be honest, we can't drop much further.

Feb 04, 2010 11:13PM
Feb 04, 2010 11:26PM
Feb 04, 2010 11:54PM
Feb 05, 2010 01:05PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply