A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Hi Peter,

First off, again, thank you for your unceasingly hard work running the company, and your efforts to engage with us here. It is unfortunately rare and it definitely does not go unnoticed by many of us who have not had the same privilege in our other investments. Now on to the question:

There are some (many) fascinating novel alloys out there with specific use cases - the one I have in mind is a beryllium aluminum alloy that is very stiff for how light weight it is. I suspect many of these special use alloys are being restricted to projects with a lot of funding (military aerospace) because of the low availability / high cost of the material and the potential for waste in traditional parts casting. Have you tested the Pyrogenesis metal atomization process with various alloys beyond the standard Inconel variants (and obviously the non alloy pure metals like titanium)? Do you think it would work for a beryllium aluminum alloy?

The particular alloy that got me thinking about this is Berylcast (see link below). The ability to turn something like that into appropriate feedstock for additive manufacturing would possibly open up more opportunities for it to be used in more conventional parts. I'm sure there are many other materials that would benefit similarly. 

https://ibcadvancedalloys.com/products/beryllium-aluminum-alloys/

All the best,

M

moi
Feb 02, 2021 10:10PM
Feb 03, 2021 12:40PM

moi
Feb 03, 2021 01:15PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply