A World leader in advanced plasma processes

Being commercialized in multiple applications around the world including plasma torches, Industrial 3D printing powders, aluminum & zinc dross recovery, waste management and defence - 4 US aircraft carriers

Free

Dear Snowdrift,

Good to hear from you again....and again with a tough one.

I think I answered this before...here is a refresher...and maybe with a bit more colour added:

Regarding the electrical installation of our torches, it is true that end-users may in some situations have to incur some additional costs if they plan to install torches at large scale... but this is not a new development and was known by all parties from the outset.  In cases of large-scale implementation, it is fully anticipated that there may be an investment required to progress to fossil free production of steel using plasma and we are moving forward.  I would suggest that the thinking may be...maybe !!....that along the way a lot of torches can be sold before we get to that tipping point and by that time any electrical requirements can be put in place...

I do not think people fully understand the sheer magnitude of the problem facing the industry and how sweet a plasma torch solution is.

There are huge benefits in changing out their current fuel system with electricity...huge benefits...and dare I suggest that the current environment might be ripe to finance such a green change out????  Get my drift...?  This also takes time to consider amongst all the moving pieces...

I believe that many clients are indeed lining up their financing sources to get the conversion process started, (like buying 1-4 torches as previously discussed).  I also believe that as we start building out the torches the electrical needs will be addressed (interesting way to stimulate the economy and go green as well, no?).

Although this has its unique time line, we very quickly see the impact it would have to Pyro’s top line.  Doesn’t take many torch sales to have that impact. Particularly when you consider that multiple plants seem to be lining up to do basically the same thing in unison.   I would suggest that even initial torch orders, when combined, could be staggering. 

I could be entirely off base and something may come up that no one around the table anticipated, but right now everything is lining up as it should.  Personally, I do not see any real alternative option if one is going to change out diesel burners with a true, cradle-to-grave, green technology.

Hope that helps,

Peter

New Message
Please login to post a reply