Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free
Jun 07, 2009 11:32PM

Jun 09, 2009 11:08AM

Jun 09, 2009 01:24PM

Nice to read the conversation on here. Love this board.

I have to say though, highly doubtful a takeover of $3 would ever be accepted. Total tried that nonsense on UTS and they didn't have any of it. Convincing Sprott and Mangagment that hold a combined 30+% to sell at that price when they know what the real value could potentially be, would quite frankly be impossible to do. I mean, QEC is a stock you buy and hold because it's an opportunity that doesn't always come along...I know a lot of people who hold it...and they do so because of the potential, not to penny flip...as BCQEC mentioned.

Heck, I've been in this since 2005, and still haven't sold other than one time back in 2007 when it peaked, then bought back again when it tanked. If it weren't for this market collapse and incompetence by Forest in drilling and not have that coiling, we'd be a lot higher right now. If someone is in this to make a quick buck, they've got the wrong stock.

I do agree with you jinxer, that a well drilled in the bc shale could be huge, but only if done properly. The Nahanni well, A-8, was drilled with Transeuro but with no major players, ended up being horrible and the stock tanked from $0.70 to $0.35. Then after the info. we gathered on drilling from our major partners, we got a pretty good 10mmcf/d initial results (don't know what it's at now)...my point is not to underestimate the power of experience these majors provide. Encana is a partner with us in the Greater Sierra property, which we've had a 100% success rate so far...wouldn't mind seeing them come in and help out...on top of cutting costs to us, they'd do a heck of a better job than we could alone.

I don't agree with the statement that these other properties don't mean much. These horn river basins are spoken highly of, and if we could start to get some nice results, they would definantely add some value. Sure, not as much as Quebec, but it's still nothing. The company, as BCQEC said, is creating value. QEC has always been about diversifying and have many assets, not just throwing it all into one basket. They must clearly like the potential, so they went for it. As far as what they paid, I think it wouldn't be anything to jeopardize funds for Quebec. They've mentioned over and over the importance of preserving capital for drilling their and I doubt they'd risk too much of their cash if it meant not having enough to fund the major project.

Anywho, nice to read all the comments on the board.

Rocco:)

New Message
Please login to post a reply